Product Description[ About This Book ]
– As the first non-Asian ever to get a Master’s Degree in Teaching Korean as a Foreign Language from a Korean university, Stephen Revere has been hosting Arirang TV’s Let’s Speak Korean since graduating in 2004. Based on his experience studying Korean for almost a decade now, Stephen has created a study guide that demystifies the Korean language and culture.
– Teaches Korean phonetic script through a visual method, thereby demystifying this incredibly simple writing system.
– Gives the most common and useful phrases for a newcomer to Korea.
– Provides dialogs in authentic, memorable contexts.
– Supplies practical cultural tips that are invaluable in understanding and respecting a nation where following cultural norms is extremely important.
[Author: Stephen Revere] – California Polytechnic University, Pomona, B.A. in Philosophy
– Seoul National University, completed highest level of Intensive Korean Program
– Yonsei University, completed highest level of Intensive Korean Program
– Yonsei University Graduate School of Education, M.A. in Teaching Korean as a Foreign Language (first non-Asian graduate)
– Inha University, Lecturer
– Hanyang University, Lecturer
– Sangmyung University, Professor
– Author, Survival Korean (2005)
– Arirang TV’s Let’s Speak Korean and Traveler’s Korean, co-host
– KBS2 행복한 밥상, reporter
– KBS1 세상은 넓다, co-host
– Currently CEO of 10 Media, makers of 10 Magazine, the nationwide entertainment magazine for English speakers in Korea (10mag.com) and Chip’s Maps, the hyper-local restaurant and area guide for Yongsan-gu (chipsmaps.com).